Perhaps the single most important upgrade in a home theater system is the addition of a high quality subwoofer, such as a REL. In fact, many customers report it being the single biggest upgrade in their home cinema. Modern home cinema is designed to meet or even surpass public theater performance, but this can only be accomplished by building a system around a high quality dedicated sub like a REL, since much of the excitement and dynamics originate with the sub. The .1 channel is a dedicated channel for unlocking the excitement and thrill in movies. Don’t shortchange your theater experience, build your home cinema around the best sub your budget can afford. Hot Ticket: start with 2 higher quality mains speakers and a REL (2.1), rather than locking oneself into 5 lesser quality speakers and a lesser quality sub (5.1). In almost every instance, the user will benefit from a more natural sound at all times, and the ability to build out the system later by adding matching center and rear channel speakers.
Articles in this section
- Why Should I Purchase a REL?
- What is the Difference Between .1 and High Level Inputs?
- Everyone Recommends Using The .1 Input, Do I Really Need To Use The High Level Input?
- Why Not Buy a Matching Subwoofer From the Speaker Manufacturer?
- Why Do I Need More Than One REL in a Home Cinema System?
- Why Does My Home Cinema Even Need a REL Sub-Bass System?