Please see REL Technology for a more complete discussion of the merits of using our Shotgun Theater Reference Connection. We strongly recommend using BOTH High Level AND the .1 LFE channel when used in a high end theater. When doing so, it is MANDATORY that the AV processor/receiver is set to “Full Range” in its bass management. Otherwise the bass signal sent to the REL will be limited before it ever reaches the REL. REL sub bass systems have the unique capacity to produce a seamless blend of main speakers, low bass, and .1 LFE. Providing all of this information to the REL allows for a much richer and fuller sound that is more natural as well as being closer to what the studio engineers were intending to be reproduced.
Articles in this section
- Are REL's Really Expensive? Why Does my Home Theater Need a Subwoofer of This Quality?
- Is There a Real Difference Between .1 and High Level Inputs?
- Everyone Recommends Using The .1 Input, Do I Really Need To Use the High Level Input?
- Why Not Buy a Matching Subwoofer From the Speaker Manufacturer?
- Why Do I Need More Than One REL in a Home Cinema System?
- Why Does My Home Cinema Even Need a REL Sub-Bass System?